Getting a visa to visit the UK
Please note that the UK is not included in the Schengen area.
- To attend the conference, you may need a Standard Visitor Visa
- Check here if you need a visa to enter the UK
- Applying: you must first apply online
Getting a Visa Support Letter
As part of the visa application process, you may be required to provide a visa support letter. ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
Please note that the ACM does not issue formal letters of invitation to any ACM-sponsored conferences.
To request a visa support letter, register for the conference and then email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The request should include the following information:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend (HOPL IV)
- Your Registration Confirmation Number (Registration typically opens 3 months prior to the conference)
- If you have a paper accepted, provide title and indicate if you are ‘sole’ or ‘co-’ author
Visa support letter requests are handled in the order they are received. You should allow 7-10 business days to receive it. They are issued via e-mail and the original is mailed to your postal address.
Please note that support letters will only be sent to participants who have registered and paid for the conference. Should participants withdraw from the conference after the issuance of a support letter, the consulate will be notified of the withdrawal accordingly.